Hello everyone! Welcome to another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday blog hop! This week the designers are showing you all some fun and easy Thanksgiving Favors! I am your stop right after the fabulous Debbie Henderson!
Thanksgiving seems to be one of those holidays that gets overlooked as we finish up Halloween and bull right through to Christmas. I really enjoy Thanksgiving as I get to spend some very relaxing time with my family! And my mom cooks the most awesome meal. Ever! So when I went looking for some ideas to make some small favors, I had a hard time finding any with a Thanksgiving theme. Then I happened upon these super cute little pumpkins! I thought they would be a perfect addition to the place setting on the table! And they are SO super easy to make!
- Punch 12 circles from the Happy Haunting designer paper using the 2" circle punch
- Cut a little bit of the bottom off so that the pumpkin will sit flat (I cut about 1/4" off)
- Fold each circle in half
- Put adhesive on on half of the circle and adhere to the half of another circle then put adhesive on the exposed half and adhere to the half of another circle. Continue in this manner until all 12 circle halves are adhere then adhere the last two halves together to complete the pumpkin
- Cut a leaf from Old Olive card stock using he Leaflets framelits and write on it if desired
- Fold a strip of Old Olive card stock over a toothpick then add adhesive to adhere the card stock to the toothpick (I sandwiched my leaf between the two pieces) and insert into the center of the pumpkin
- Tie a piece of Very Vanilla thick baker's twine around the stem
- (Note: You can add a small amount of glue to the toothpick before inserting into the middle of the pumpkin)
It's time to send you on to see what the fabulous Connie Babbert has created! Thanks for stopping by and have a super day!
Card Recipe: Stamps- None; Paper- Old Olive, Happy Haunting designer paper; Ink- None; Accessories- 2" circle punch, Leaflets framelits, Very Vanilla thick baker's twine