Hello everyone! It's time again for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday blog hop! This week the designers are showing you Stair Step cards! I am your stop after the fabulous Debbie Henderson!
I had fun making this card (even if it did take me several attempts to get the folds correct - lol)! So many different ways to make this type of card. Mine will fit in an A2 envelope!
Here is a side view so you can see how the folds work...
- Card base is Sahara Sand cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- The center panel is cut 1" in from each side: start your blade at 5 1/4" to 1"
- Score at the bottom 1" in from the side at 1" then at 2" then again at 5 1/4"
- The final score line will be in the center at 4 1/4"
- Fold all the score lines to create the card
- Tie a piece of Basic Black stitched satin ribbon around the bottom of the card
- Cut two pieces of Sahara Sand card stock at 7/8" x 3 1/8" and run through the Big Shot using the Brick Wall embossing folder and adhere to the sides of the card
- Cut a piece of Whisper White 3 1/4" x 4"
- Stamp the leaf image from Remarkable You stamp set onto the panel using black StazOn ink and color in using an aqua painter and Mossy Meadow ink
- After the image is dry, stamp the Watercolor Wash background stamp over the image using Soft Sky ink
- Stamp the image again onto another piece of Whisper White using the same ink and color in the same way then cut image out
- Stamp the greeting using black StazOn ink then adhere panel to a piece of Basic Black that is cut at 3 3/8" x 4 1/8" and then adhere to the card with dimensionals
- Adhere the cut out leaf image to the card using dimensionals
- Punch a flower from Watermelon Wonder card stock using the itty bitty accents punch pack and adhere to card
- Add a rhinestone to flower center
This card was so fun to make! I hope you will try one out, too! But first you must go see what the talented Connie Babbert has created! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Card Recipe: Stamps- Remarkable You, Watercolor Wash background; Paper- Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White; Ink- black StazOn, Mossy Meadow, Soft Sky; Accessories- Basic Black stitched satin ribbon, Brick Wall embossing folder, itty bitty accents punch pack, rhinestone, aqua painter, dimensionals