Hello everyone! It's time once again for a very fun and inspiring blog hop from the Create with Connie and Mary designers! This week we are featuring the Joy Fold card! I'm sure that you will find many creative ideas using this special fold! I am your stop after the very creative Debbie Henderson!
Today is Connie's birthday so be sure to stop by her blog and say 'happy birthday'! To honor her birthday, I decided to use the new Birthday Blossoms stamp set! I paired it with some other fun new products and came up with this!
And here it is slightly opened. I made my fold go up and down instead of side to side. The front flap is held closed by tucking the corner behind the flower.
- Card base is Very Vanilla cut at 7 1/2" 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4"
- Adhere a piece of Timeless Elegance designer paper to the inside back that measures 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
- Adhere a piece of Timeless Elegance designer paper to the front outside flap that measures 2 7/8" x 5 3/8"
- Punch a scallop circle from Basic Black using the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch and adhere to front of card
- Create the inside card and front flap by cutting a piece of Basic Black that measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and score at 2 3/4" then adhere to the inside of card
- Adhere a piece of Very Vanilla to the inside Basic Black card that measures 2 5/8" x 4 1/8"
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla that measures 4 1/8" x 2 5/8"
- Stamp the greeting from Birthday Blossoms stamp set onto the Very Vanilla panel using Tuxedo black Momento ink then stamp the cluster of blossoms using Sahara Sand
- Tie a piece of Basic Black stitched satin ribbon around the panel and adhere to the front of the Basic Black flap
- Stamp the flower and leaf images onto a piece of Very Vanilla using Tuxedo black Momento ink and color in using a blender pen and Hello Honey, Sahara Sand and Wild Wasabi inks then cut out by hand
- Use the Pansy punch to punch a flower from Hello Honey card stock
- Adhere the leaves behind the stamped flower then adhere stamped images to the punched flower with glue dots just in the center
- Adhere flower to scallop circle using double thickness of dimensionals (make sure that the dimensionals are just on the bottom petals so that your card flap can tuck behind it)
- Add a pearl to flower center
Now it's time to send you on to the birthday girl, Connie Babbert! Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!