Hello everyone! It's another Saturday blog hop with the Create with Connie and Mary team! This week we are featuring cards made using the Watercolor Wash technique! I am your stop right after the fabulous Debbie Henderson!
I love the watercolor look but I don't do it very often. So this was a little out of my comfort zone. But here is what I came up with!
- Card base is Lost Lagoon
- On a piece of watercolor paper use an aqua painter to coat the stamped area with water
- From the lid of the Lost Lagoon and Pear Pizzazz stamp pads, pick up ink with the aqua painter and randomly add the ink to the wet paper and let it bleed into each other
- After the ink has dried, stamp the coral image from By the Tide using black StazOn ink and stamp the greeting from Guy Greetings using the same ink (I used a black journaling pen to color in the letters)
- Adhere the stamped panel to a piece of Basic Black card stock then adhere to the card using dimensionals
- Stamp the fish image onto a piece of Very Vanilla using Lost Lagoon ink and cut out
- Adhere a piece of linen thread that has been looped several times to the back of the fish and then adhere to card with dimensionals
I hope you are inspired to give this great technique a try! So many beautiful color combinations and fun ways to make a beautiful card! Now it's time to send you on to Connie Babbert's blog to see her beautiful creation! Thanks for stopping by and have a super day!
Card Recipe: Stamps- By the Tide, Guy Greetings; Paper- Lost Lagoon, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Watercolor paper; Ink- black StazOn, Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzazz; Accessories- aqua painter, black journaling pen, linen thread, dimensionals