Hello everyone! Welcome to the Control Freaks Blog Tour! We are so excited to inspire you with our ideas with the theme of Celebrations! I am your stop after the talented Patty Bennett! Please note that if you are viewing this before the 20th, all the links may not be working. Be sure to stop by again on the 20th when everything should be in working order! Now on to my projects...
For my first project I used the Cheerful Critters stamp set. I just think these little guys are the cutest! And you can put any small sentiment inside the signs! I love it! I thought that this little guy would be great for a young boy's birthday or achievement! I used the Sweet Sunday Sketch to help me with the layout.
- Card base is Whisper white
- Run a piece of Lost Lagoon card stock through the Big Shot using the Lucky Stars embossing folder and adhere to card
- On a piece of Whisper White stamp the image from Cheerful Critters using Tuxedo black Momento ink and stamp the sentiment inside the sign
- Color the bear using Crumb Cake and a blender pen and his shirt using Lost Lagoon and Pear Pizzazz markers
- Cut a strip of Pear Pizzazz card stock and use the fringe scissors to fringe the end then adhere to the stamped panel
- Tie a piece of linen thread around the panel and then tie a button gold basic metal button on
- Adhere the panel to the card with dimensionals
For my next card I went a little more sophisticated. I love sunflowers. So I wanted to try to recreate a sunflower since I don't have any sunflower stamps. I found an idea where someone had layered the stamps from the Petal Potpourri stamp set and a light bulb went off (trust me, it doesn't happen often - lol)! I love how this turned out!
- Card base is Crumb Cake
- On another piece of Crumb Cake stamp the sentiment from Because You Care stamp set using Early Espresso ink
- Adhere the panel to a piece of Early Espresso card stock and then adhere to the card base using dimensionals
- Stamp the butterflies stamp from the Perpetual Calendar stamp set onto the card base using Crumb Cake ink
- Stamp the solid flower image from the Petal Potpourri stamp set onto a piece of Whisper White card stock using So Saffron ink then stamp the lined image right over the top using Hello Honey ink (note: it is most helpful to use a Stamp-a-ma-jig)
- Punch the flower out using the Flower Medallion punch
- Stamp the flower center onto a piece of Whisper White using Early Espresso ink and punch out with the 7/8" scallop circle punch then adhere to flower with dimensionals
- Cut the leaves from Mossy Meadow card stock using the Flower Fair framelits and adhere to the back of the flower
- Adhere flower to the card
- Thread a piece of linen thread through a gold basic metal button and tie a bow then adhere to flower center
I hope you have gained some inspiration! I now send you on to the fabulous Wendy Weixler to see her beautiful creations! Thank you so much for stopping by and have a super day!
Cards Recipe: Stamps- Petal Potpourri; Cheerful Critters, Perpetual Calendar, Because You Care; Ink- Crumb Cake, Hello Honey, So Saffron, Early Espresso, Tuxedo black Momento ink, Lost Lagoon and Pear Pizzazz markers, Paper- Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Lost Lagoon; Accessories- Lucky Stars embossing folder, fringe scissors, blender pen, gold basic metal buttons, linen thread, Flower Medallion punch, Flower Fair framelits, Stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals