Hello everyone! And welcome to Week 2 of the Create with Connie and Mary Cards "Create"tions Celebration blog hop! We have just finished week 2 and we end each week with a fun blog hop featuring the stamp sets that we used during the week! I am your stop after the fabulous Debbie Henderson!
This week I used the Snuggles & Smooches stamp set! This is such a fun and versatile set! I decided to create a candle centerpiece. I haven't done a stamped candle in so long I had almost forgotten how to do it - lol! I did forget how much fun this was to do! And it is really very easy!
- Stamp a piece of white tissue paper using the large and small scribble images using Crisp Cantaloupe and Bermuda Bay inks and then stamp the splatter stamp from Gorgeous Grunge using Baked Brown Sugar
- Use a piece of waxed paper and the heat gun to melt the tissue paper into the candle (the tissue paper was used to hold the tissue paper in place)
- Stamp the large and small scribbles onto a piece of Whisper White using Tuxedo black Momento ink
- Use a Crisp Cantaloupe marker to trace the lines of the larger scribble image and cut out then use a Bermuda Bay marker to trace the lines of the smaller scribble image and cut out
- Use the large oval punch to punch three ovals from Pistachio Pudding card stock
- Adhere the leaves to the back of the flowers
- Adhere the smaller flower to the larger flower using dimensionals
- Adhere a strip of Bermuda Bay sequins to the back of the flowers and then adhere the flowers to the candle with dimensionals
- Tie a knot using Basic Black 1/8" taffeta ribbon and adhere to a basic metal button then adhere the button to the flower center