Hello everyone! Sorry I've been so quiet here lately. It's not from lack of trying or of anything fun to use. My job has been taking a bit of getting used to and now I seem to have gotten a nasty head cold. Between my son's soccer games and bike races I have not been creating as much as I would like. And the things that I have been working on are for a special edition coming soon!! Still need to finish up some details but I am really excited about the upcoming Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Collection 2014! Preview Week starts Sunday! But for now we have our regularly scheduled Thursday challenge! This week it's a sketch!
- Card base is Cajun Craze
- Adhere a piece of Color Me Autumn designer paper to the card base at an angle
- Flag the end of a strip of Color Me Autumn designer paper and adhere to card
- Flag the end of a strip of Early Espresso card stock and adhere to card
- Cut a circle from Whisper White using the Circles framelits
- Make a "mask" of the rolling hill from a post-it note and adhere it to the circle then stamp the tree image from Holiday Home on the far left using Early Espresso ink
- Before removing the "mask", take a Basic Black marker and draw the hill using the post-it note as your guide then remove the "mask"
- Stamp the second tree using Early Espresso ink
- Color the hill using Old Olive blendabilities
- Stamp the leaves image several times using Crushed Curry ink and then again using Cajun Craze ink
- Stamp the greeting using Old Olive ink
- Adhere circle to card with dimensionals and add three Early Espresso candy dots to circle
Be sure to see what the rest of the design team has done with this fabulous sketch by visiting the Create with Connie and Mary site! And be sure to check out the Early Bird pricing on the upcoming Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Collection 2014! I hope to see you there! Thanks for stopping by!
Card Recipe: Stamps- Holiday Home; Paper- Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Color Me Autumn designer paper; Ink- Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Blendabilities: Old Olive; Accessories- Neutrals candy dots, Circles framelits, dimensionals