Hello everyone! Welcome to the Control Freaks blog tour! I am stop #5 after Heidi Boos! If you are out of order then don't worry as you will make a complete circle and be able to visit everyone's blog by clicking the "next" button at the bottom! Please note: if you are visiting before the 20th, all the blogs may not be working. To take the tour with no glitches, be sure to come back on the 20th!
I haven't participated in one of these in a long time! I was so glad to get back into it!! This month's theme was simple and elegant. I can do simple easy enough but I sure did get hung up on the elegant part. And after making my cards, I kept second guessing myself. But time was running out and this is what made the cut!
First up is a very simple card! In fact I used the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch! The colors came from the My Create Ink - SU Color Lab. I knew I wanted to use Crushed Curry and Pear Pizzazz. I just didn't know what other colors would go with those. So I plugged those two colors in and a whole array of beautiful combinations came up! This set is one of my favorites!
- Card base is Whisper White
- Stamp the images from Kinda Eclectic onto the card base using Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz, Baked Brown Sugar (stamped off once) and Night of Navy inks
- Stamp the butterfly images onto Rich Razzleberry using Rich Razzleberry ink and punch out using the Elegant Butterfly and Bitty Butterfly punches
- Adhere butterflies to card
- Punch a butterfly from vellum card stock using the Bitty Butterfly punch and adhere to bigger butterfly
- Adhere pearls to butterflies
Pretty simple and very mailable!
For my second card I tried to go more elegant. I think it still fits into the simple category, too. And what could be more elegant than gold! I haven't used this washi tape in quite some time so it was fun to get it out again!
- Card base is Very Vanilla
- Stamp the flower image from Choose Happiness onto the card base with gold Encore ink
- Cover a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with the Watercolor Wonder washi tape and adhere to card with dimensionals
- Stamp the greeting onto a strip of Very Vanilla using Rich Razzleberry ink and flag the end
- Adhere a strip of gold foil paper to the back and then adhere to card
- Stamp the bird image onto a piece of Very Vanilla using Lost Lagoon ink and cut out then adhere to card with dimensionals
- Punch a flower from Pink Pirouette card stock using the itty bitty accents punch pack and adhere to bird
- Adhere gold sequins to card (one to flower center)
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my projects! Be sure to click the image below to get to your next stop on the blog tour! It's Melissa Davies! Enjoy!!