Hello everyone! It's that time again for another fabulous blog hop from the Stamp Review Crew! This time we are featuring the stamp set, By the Tide. You may have just hopped from Dawn's blog! But if you are just starting out here then you can still see all the great projects by clicking the links below! If you get lost or there are broken links, you can click the link at the top of this post to take you to the main blog and there will be a list of all the blog hop participants. Be ready to get some really fabulous ideas from this great stamp set!
I made a very super simple card using this set. I wanted to keep it masculine and nautical. Not being a nautical person I went to the High Tide designer series papers to see what colors were used in that paper. And that's where I started! Then I found a super simple sketch from Freshly Made Sketches. And here's what emerged!
I really like how it turned out even though it is very simple! And I think it would work perfectly for Father's Day, too! Here are the details:
- Card base is Smoky Slate
- Use the Circles framelits to cut a circle from Soft Sky card stock then cut off part of it to make it flat
- Stamp the plant image from By the Tide in Soft Sky onto the flattened circle and sponge the edges with Soft Sky ink then adhere to card
- Flag one end of a strip of Summer Starfruit and stamp the greeting from Four You in Pacific Point then adhere to card
- Stamp lobster image in Calypso Coral onto Whisper White and cut out then adhere to card with dimensionals
- Thread a piece of linen thread through a Basic Metal button and adhere to card
There you have it! Thanks for stopping by! Now to go and see what Nancy has done! Have fun hopping!