Good morning, Friends! Once again I am lacking in my daily postings. I am still sewing away on Christmas gifts! My parents arrived yesterday to watch Nick play some basketball games this weekend! His birthday is on Tuesday (OMG - 14 years old) so there is a lot going on right now! But it's all good and I am happy to have at least my challenge cards posted for you all!!
Today's Thursday challenge from the Create with Connie and Mary team is a sketch challenge! Take a look!
And my card...
Love all the possibilities with this sketch! I decided to make a Thanksgiving card. Seems like we overlook that holiday. What a shame! Here are the card details:
- Card base is Sahara Sand
- Layer of Sahara Sand was run through the Big Shot using the Woodgrain embossing folder
- Adhere a strip of Sweater Weather to the right hand side of layer and then adhere to card base with dimensionals
- Stamp leaf image from Wonderfall in Tangerine Tango onto Whisper White and cut out then pop up onto card
- Stamp greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Chocolate Chip onto a strip of Whisper White and flag the end then adhere to leaf
- Tie a piece of linen thread through a Natural designer button and adhere to card
Pretty simple card but I love the pop of that orange against the neutral card stock! It really pops! Reminds me of the fall colors here in Colorado!! I hope you are inspired to play along with us this week! For more wonderful inspiration, be sure to check out the other creations at Create with Connie and Mary!
Have you subscribed to the Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection? We are on our last week of creations! But it's not too late to sign up and see ALL the wonderful projects and creations! You will get all the downloadable tutorials, too! Great ideas for the upcoming holidays! Thanks for stopping by and have a super day!!
Card Recipe: Stamps- Wonderfall, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Paper- Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Sweater Weather designer paper; Ink- Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip; Accessories- Woodgrain embossing folder, Naturals designer button, linen thread, dimensionals