Good morning, Friends! I have been kind of lazy around here these last few days. I have been busy but not with a lot of stamping. Today I need to try and get back on track with that. I am actually working on Christmas presents! So my fingers have been doing a lot of hand sewing. And I think that I am going to have a good jump on those! I also took a sewing class and that got me distracted, too. So back to stamping today!!
Today's card was one I did for the shoebox club I am in. I wanted to use the new Circle Card Thinlit. These are quite fun!! Stampin' Up! has come out with two different flip card versions. This is the circle one and then there is a label one. Taking a picture of the card is quite interesting! Here is the card closed.
And then opened...
Fun, huh!! The card will fit inside a regular A2 envelope! Love that! And I was able to create an extra panel for more writing on the inside. I simply followed Patty Bennett's video on how to do this. Very simple! Here are the details:
- Use Sahara Sand and the Circle Card Thinlit to create the card base
- Stamp the splatters using the Gorgeous Grunge set and Chocolate Chip ink onto the Sweater Weather designer paper, adhere to a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock and then to the flap of the card
- Adhere a strip of Sweater Weather designer paper to the front panel of the card
- For the circles adhere a circle of Chocolate Chip that was cut with the Circles #2 die
- Stamp the leaf from Wonderfall in Tangerine Tango onto a scallop circle that was cut using the scallop circle die in the Thinlits package and then stamp some splatters from Gorgeous Grunge in Chocolate Chip then adhere to the front circle
- Stamp the same leaf in Tangerine Tango (stamp off once) onto another scallop circle and then stamp the greeting from Perfectly Penned in Chocolate Chip directly over that and adhere to back circle
- Stamp the leaf again onto a scrap of Whisper White in Crushed Curry and add some splatters with the Gorgeous Grunge set and Chocolate Chip ink, cut out and pop up onto card
- Tie some linen thread around a piece of Naturals Trim and add to card
These are so fun to make and I hope that you try one, too! Thanks for stopping by and have a super day!
Card Recipe: Stamps- Wonderfall, Perfectly Penned, Gorgeous Grunge; Paper- Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Sweater Weather designer paper; Ink- Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry; Accessories- Circle Card Thinlits dies, Circles #2 die, 7/16" Naturals Trim, linen thread, dimensionals