So we are supposed to be in Denver, watching our boys warm up for their game this morning but... A funny thing happened on the way to Denver... After school yesterday we packed up the car and went to gas up the car. As my husband was putting the gas in I was checking FaceBook to see the latest happenings. Well, I quickly found out that the Interstate was closed between here and Denver due to flooding. We had some very horrific rains (not at our house but in town) that had moved on and caused flooding in other areas! Anyway, some of our team got caught in the long line of cars that were trying to get turned around and some of us decided to wait it out at home (like us). While we waited the team manager and the coach were busy trying to get the game rescheduled because we had no way of knowing how long it would be before the Interstate opened. So now we are getting ready to leave, again, as the game has been rescheduled for tonight and then we have one tomorrow afternoon. So we'll try it again! What a start to the soccer season!! Lol!
Today's card was an experiment. It is pretty simple and I like the way it turned out! I am experimenting with the lines image from the Gorgeous Grunge set. You will see another one that I did later. Here are the details:
- Card base is Whisper White
- On a layer of Soft Sky, stamp the lines image from Gorgeous Grunge in Soft Sky
- Over this, stamp the branch from Morning Meadow in Early Espresso
- Sponge panel with Soft Sky ink and pop up onto card
- Stamp bird image in Soft Sky onto Whisper White and cut out
- Stamp greeting in Early Espresso onto strip of Whisper White and flag end
- Adhere other end of strip to cut out bird and then pop up the element onto the card
- Punch a flower from Blushing Bride using itty bitty shapes punch pack, adhere to bird and add a pearl
Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
Card Recipe: Stamps- Morning Meadow, Gorgeous Grunge; Paper- Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Soft Sky; Ink- Soft Sky, Early Espresso; Accessories- itty bitty shapes punch pack, pearl, sponge, dimensionals
What is the Create with Connie and Mary Fall Collection?
- NEW card sets and projects that can be completed in about two hours...perfect for classes and camps?
- FREE Preview Projects August 19 - 24 (so you can see what we're all about)!
- Fall Collection runs August 24 - September 21
- Features Holiday AND 2013-2014 Catalog Products
- 24 EXCLUSIVE projects and 24 EXCLUSIVE cards
- Step-by-step DOWNLOADABLE PHOTO tutorials
- Only available to subscribers
- Demonstrators and Customers welcome!
Create with Connie and Mary
Fall Collection 2013
Regularly $24.95 US
EARLY BIRD PRICE only $19.95 US