Sunday, March 24, 2013

CASE Study 133

Good Sunday morning, Friends! The sun is shining and it is 19 degrees! Brrrr!!! Thankfully we had some firewood left over and could start a fire this morning! It is down right cold!! A good cup of coffee helps, too! Yesterday's stitching time was wonderful! I got a lot done! Today will be a day filled with basketball games (ncaa on tv) and more stitching or sewing or stamping. Looking forward to just doing a little of everything! 

Today's card was inspired by the challenge at CASE Study. Their muse for March is Julie Ebersole. I love her work so this was easy for me! I was inspired by her inspiration card and then by her layout for the design team! I chose some really fun and bright colors for this one. I layered a piece of Daffodil Delight designer paper from the Polka Dot Parade designer paper pack onto a piece of Basic Grey that was punched with the scallop edge border punch on one end. Then I added a strip of Real Red and a strip of Real Red designer paper from the Polka Dot Parade designer paper pack (I flagged the end of this strip). This panel is then popped up onto a card base of Whisper White. Then on another piece of Whisper White I stamped the bike from Moving Forward in Real Red and the "trail" in Basic Grey and also the sentiment in Basic Grey. I stamped the basket part of the bike onto a scrap of Whisper White and cut it out. On the original image I stamped the flower image in Daffodil Delight and then used a glue dot to adhere the fussy-cut basket over the original one. I used a corner rounder to round the top left hand corner an then popped this panel up onto the card. I punched a flower from Daffodil Delight using the itty bitty shapes punch pack and added it to the card. Finally I added three rhinestones to the flower centers. Thanks for stopping by and have a super day!

Card Recipe: Stamps- Moving Forward, Friendly Phrases; Paper- Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Basic Grey, Polka Dot Parade designer paper; Ink- Real Red, Basic Grey, Daffodil Delight; Accessories- itty bitty shapes punch pack, scallop edge border punch, corner rounder, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. I just love the bicycle image! This will surely bring on Spring! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your card at CASE Study and loved it.

    ReplyDelete